Pycom LoPy - LoRa+WiFi+Bluetooth MicroPython IoT Platform
The LoPy is a compact, triple network, MicroPython-enabled development board (LoRa, Wifi, Bluetooth). It’s the perfect enterprise-grade IoT platform for your connected things.
With the latest Espressif ESP32 chipset, the LoPy offers a perfect combination of power, friendliness, and flexibility. Create and connect your things everywhere. Fast.
The LoPy can act as both a LoRa Nano Gateway and a multi-bearer (LoRa, WiFi and BLE) development platform suitable for all LoRa networks around the globe. It is programmable with MicroPython and the Pymakr plugin IDE for fast IoT application development, easy programming in-field, and extra resilience with network failover. The best blend of speed to deployment and access to new LPWAN networks rolling out across Europe, USA, Africa and India. The LoPy is CE, FCC approved and is LoRaWAN certified.
The board ships with or without male headers mounted as seen on the pictures.
Using the LoRa radio without the external antenna can lead to damage of the device and is therefore not recommended.
Note: Pycom modules are powered by the new and feature-packed Espressif ESP32 chip. As a result, their firmware is evolving constantly as the ESP32 IDF matures. Regular firmware updates are therefore provided.
- Powerful CPU, BLE, and state of the art WiFi radio. 1km Wifi range
- Can also double up as Nano LoRa gateway
- Fits in a standard breadboard (with headers)
- Ultra-low power usage: a fraction compared to other connected microcontrollers
- Espressif ESP32 chipset
- Dual processor + WiFi radio system on chip
- Network processor handles the WiFi connectivity and the IPv6 stack
- Main processor is entirely free to run the user application
- An extra ULP-coprocessor that can monitor GPIOs, the ADC channels, and control most of the internal peripherals during deep-sleep mode while only consuming 25uA
- 868MHz (Europe) at +14dBm maximum
- 915MHz (North and South America, Australia and New Zealand) at +20dBm maximum
- Node range: up to 40km
- Nano-gateway: up to 22km
- Nano-gateway capacity: up to 100 nodes
- 2x UART, 2x SPI, I2C, I2S, micro-SD card
- Analog channels: 8×12 bit ADCs
- Timers: 4×16 bit with PWM and input capture
- DMA on all peripherals
- GPIO: up to 24
Security & certifications
- SSL/TLS support
- WPA Enterprise security
- FCC – 2AJMTLOPY2R
- CE 0700
- RAM: 512kb
- External flash: 4MB
- Hardware floating point acceleration
- Python multi-threading
SHA, MD5, DES, AES
Low-energy and classic
Running at 32KHz
- Input: 3.3V – 5.5V
- 3V3 output capable of sourcing up to 400mA
- WiFi: 12mA in active mode, 5uA in standby
- LoRa: 15mA in active mode, 1uA in standby
- Semtech LoRa transceiver SX1272
- LoRaWAN stack
- Class A and C devices
Size & weight
- 55mm x 20mm x 3.5mm (without headers)
- 7g (31g packaged)