YBox2 Kit [v1.1]
The YBox2 is a DIY networked set-top box. Connect it to your TV and you can design customized content to be delivered direct from the Internet.
This project is great for people who want a new platform to experiment with. The video and Internet cores are ready to go and easy to work with. We have some example widgets that demonstrate the YBox2's capability, and the whole project is open source so you can start hacking your own. If you've ever been curious about the Parallax Propeller chip, the YBox2 is a perky little platform with tons of accessories.
The kit comes with PCB and all necessary electronic parts, unassembled. Assembly is not difficult, but considering the number of components, it will take a couple hours to complete. Power supply, mint tin, TV, tools and cables not included.
- Built using the new Parallax Propeller chip - 8 cores, 32KB of RAM running at 80MHz!
- Works with any NTSC or PAL TV that has composite (RCA) input
- Internet-ready! Works with any network router that supports DHCP, just plug in an Ethernet cable and you're ready to go
- Kit comes with an Internet-enabled bootloader already installed, so you can upload new programs directly from your computer, without a special cable or prop-plug (Propeller chip programmer)
- IR receiver for using a TV remote control
- Tons of tutorials on how to get started with Propeller chips
- Full color RGB status LED
- Piezo Buzzer for generating beeps, alarms, and tones
- Pushbutton for input
- Lots of examples widgets to try out
- Fits in an altoids tin!