XTend 900 1W RPSMA - 40 Mile Range
The XTend Modem packs a ton of RF punch into a small, low-power, easy-to-use, and reliable module. Outdoors, with line-of-sight, this module can communicate at up to 40 miles; indoors it can still do up to 3000ft. The module transfers a standard asynchronous serial data stream, operates within the ISM 900MHz frequency band and sustains up to 115.2kbps data throughput. The module comes with an attached RPSMA antenna connector.
The XTend module utilizes FHSS (Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum) agility to avoid interference by hopping to a new frequency on every packet transmission or re-transmission. Its transmit power is software adjustable from 1mW to 1W—the maximum output power allowable by governments that use 900MHz as a license-free band. The XTend module is approved for use in the United States, Canada, Australia and other countries (contact Digi for a complete listing).
No configuration is necessary for out-of-the-box RF communication. The XTend module’s default configuration supports a wide range of data system applications. Advanced configurations can be implemented using simple AT or binary commands.
Not sure which XBee module or accessory is right for you? Check out our XBee Buying Guide!
Note: Due to manufacturer’s restrictions in other countries, we can only ship these to the USA and Canada. Sorry world!
- Supply voltage: 2.8 - 5.5VDC regulated
- Frequency band: 902 - 928MHz
- Serial data interface: 3V - 5V CMOS UART - No configuration required
- Transmit current: 730 mA (@ 5V, 1W TX Power Output)
- Receive current: 80 mA (@ 5V, 1W TX Power Output)
- Maximum Current Rating: 950mA
- Indoor/Urban range (w/ 2.1 dB dipole antenna): Up to 3000 feet (900 m)
- Outdoor RF line-of-sight range (w/high gain antenna): Up to 40 miles (64 km)
- Transmit power output (software selectable): 1mW - 1W (0 - 30 dBm)
- Throughput data rate (software selectable): 9,600 or 115,200 bps
- RPSMA antenna connection
- Size: 1.44 x 2.38 x 0.20" (3.65 x 6.05 x 0.51 cm)
- Weight: 0.64 oz (18 g)