Triple-Axis Digital-Output Gyroscope - ITG-3200
The ITG-3200 is the world’s first single-chip, digital-output, 3-axis MEMS motion processing gyro optimized for gaming, 3D mice, and motion-based remote control applications for Internet connected Digital TVs and Set Top Boxes. The ITG-3200 features three 16-bit analog-to-digital converters (ADCs) for digitizing the gyro outputs, a user-selectable internal low-pass filter bandwidth, and a Fast-Mode I²C (400kHz) interface. Additional features include an embedded temperature sensor and a 2% accurate internal oscillator. This breakthrough in MEMS motion processing gyro technology provides a dramatic 60% package size reduction, delivers a 60% power reduction, and has inherent cost advantages compared to competing multi-chip gyro solutions.
By leveraging the patented and volume-proven Nasiri-Fabrication platform, which integrates MEMS wafers with companion CMOS electronics through wafer-level bonding, InvenSense has driven the ITG-3200 package size down to a revolutionary footprint of 4x4x0.9mm (QFN), while providing the highest performance, lowest noise, and the lowest cost semiconductor packaging required for handheld consumer electronic devices. The part features a robust 10,000g shock tolerance, as required by portable consumer equipment.
For enhanced power supply flexibility, the ITG-3200 offers a separate VLOGIC reference pin in addition to its analog supply pin, which sets the logic levels of its I²C interface. The VLOGIC voltage may be anywhere from 1.71V min to VDD max.
- Digital-output X-, Y-, and Z-Axis angular rate sensors (gyros) on one integrated circuit
- Digitally-programmable low-pass filter
- Low 6.5mA operating current consumption for long battery life
- Wide VDD supply voltage range of 2.1V to 3.6V
- Standby current: 5μA
- Digital-output temperature sensor
- Fast Mode I2C (400kHz) serial interface
- Optional external clock inputs of 32.768kHz or 19.2MHz to synchronize with system clock