TOF Sense Laser Range Sensor (5m)
We can get 140 units in Australia from DFRobot. If you order today, we can dispatch this stock between Mar 10, 2021 - Mar 27, 2021.
TOF Sense is a TOF-based (Time of Flight) laser ranging sensor that offers 1cm-5m detection range, 1mm resolution, ± 1.5cm error, and 10Hz data update frequency. The sensor supports 15 ° ~ 27 ° adjustable FOV, UART and CAN communication (selected by setting). Besides, it allows users to actively query the output data, making data acquisition much easier. With a size of 35.58 * 12 * 8.05mm, this small and compact sensor can be used as a distance-measuring tool for distance detection, a robot to avoid obstacles, and can also be used in drones areas such as altitude setting and route planning.
The difference from other ranging sensors is that this sensor reserves two identical communication interfaces. When setting IDs for each sensor and connecting multiple sensors in series, the ranging information of all sensors can be read by just one communication interface.
Note: The UART interface supports a maximum of 8 cascades, and the CAN interface supports 7 cascades at most. Under cascade distance-measuring, it is suitable for UART query, CAN query, and CAN active output.
Cascade Distance-measuring Diagram
- Operating Voltage: 5V
- Operating Current: 0.06A
- Communication Interface: UART, CAN
UART (two interfaces can be used as UART simultaneously, 3.3V TTL, 921600 default band rate)
CAN (two interfaces can be used as CAN simultaneously, 1Mbps default band rate)
- Maximum Cascading Number: 8 for UART, 7 for CAN
- Blind Zone: 1cm
- Typical Detection Range:
- Typical Detection Accuracy:
Short-range: accuracy±1.0cm, standard deviation<0.3cm
Mid-range: accuracy±1.0cm, standard deviation<1.5cm
Long-range: accuracy±1.5cm, standard deviation<0.5cm@[0.01,3]m range, standard deviation<8cm@[3,5]m range
- Wavelength: 940nm (compliant Class 1 Standard)
- FOV: 15°~27° (adjustable)
- Power Supply: 3.7V~5.2V (the power supplies of all communication interfaces are electrically connected, so any interface can be power supply interface.)
- Power Consumption: 290mW (UART active output, long-range detection, 5.0 power supply)
- Weight: 2.7g
- Dimension: 35.58 * 12 * 8.05mm/1.40*0.47*0.32”