Terminal Shield for Arduino
We have 2 units in our Sydney Warehouse available for immediate dispatch.
The Terminal Shield breaks out all the Arduino headers to handy screw terminals, making it really easy to connect external wires without using a soldering iron. Ideal for quick experiments or for robust connections!
The center area of the shield is also a huge prototyping area, allowing you to add your own parts to suit your project. A blue "power" LED shows when your Arduino is powered up, and there are also red, green, and blue general-purpose LEDs with current-limiting resistors. The Terminal Shield comes with all the supporting components already fitted as surface-mount parts so you can start using it right away, and we even provide stackable headers to allow you to mount another shield on top.
- Arduino 1.0 / "R3" layout breaks out all 30 pins on current-generation Arduino boards to screw terminals.
- Plus 6 additional screw terminals providing additional ground and 5 screw connections (B1-B5) to the prototyping area.
- Stackable headers to easily add another shield on top.
- Gold-plated surface: solders easily and very resistant to finger oil, etc.
- Large prototyping area with through-plated holes.
- Clearly marked GND and 5V rails beside prototyping area.
- Blue surface-mount “power on” LED.
- 2 × 100nF power supply smoothing capacitors pre-fitted as surface-mount parts.
- Reset button wired through to the Arduino so you can reset it even with the shield mounted over the top.
- 3 general-purpose surface-mount LEDs (red, green, blue) with current limiting resistors pre-fitted: drive HIGH to illuminate.
- Overlay printed on both the top and the bottom of the board so you don’t have to turn it over to see what you’re soldering onto.
- Sexy rounded corners.