RF Explorer Signal Generator (RFE6GEN)
The RF Explorer Signal Generator (RFEGen) is a powerful, wideband fully programmable RF signal generator. It is the perfect companion for Spectrum Analyzer RF Explorer product line.
As a standalone unit, RFEGen can generate CW and Sweep signals by selecting embedded menu options. When connected to a PC, it can be fully programmed with the RF Explorer for Windows software tool. Furthermore, the unit can work as a powerful Tracking Generator when used with RF Explorer Spectrum Analyzer connected to the same PC, offering full Scalar Network Analyzer (SNA) capabilities. The SNA feature allows full characterization of filters, amplifiers and any 2-port RF device.
- Pocket size and light weight
- Solid aluminum metal case
- Lifetime free firmware upgrades available, open to community requested features
- High capacity Lipo for 16hs+ of continuous run, rechargeable by USB
- RF Explorer for Windows PC client Open Source
- Can be extended with internal Expansion Modules for additional future band support and functionality
- Wide band support
- Frequency range supported: 24 to 6000 MHz
- Frequency step/resolution: 1KHz
- Frequency stability: 0.5ppm
- Temperature compensated (0-45C)
- Backlight for great indoor visibility
- Standard SMA 50 ohms connector
Programmable Amplitude with included internal programmable attenuator:
- -40dBm to -30dBm in 3dB steps
- -10dBm to 0dBm in 3dB steps
- Amplitude accuracy: +-0.5dB (normalized) or +-3dB (absolute)
- Switch measurement point speed < 10ms
- Graphics LCD 128x64 pixels, great visibility outdoors
- PC Windows client supports Windows XP/Vista/Win7 both 32 and 64bits
- CW signal generator at any frequency in the range
- Tracking generator functionality working together with RF Explorer when connected to the same PC
- Sweep generator between any to frequencies in the range, with selectable step size and speed
- Expansion port for future enhancements (higher RF power modes, additional frequency bands)
- Size: 113x70x25 mm
For more information, please visit here.
If you encounter any problems when using this product, please contact rfexplorer(at)arocholl.com for the technical support.
Note: Hardware is final and fully calibrated, but RF Explorer for Windows Software and embedded Firmware are delivered BETA and under development. Please go to this reference page as well as our facebook page to get progress update and download new versions as released.