GSM/GPRS Module - SM5100B
The SM5100B is a miniature, quad-band GSM 850/EGSM 900/DCS 1800/PCS 1900 module, which can be integrated into a great number of wireless projects. You can use this module to accomplish almost anything a normal cell phone can - SMS text messages, GSM/GPRS, TCP/IP, and more!
This module features two UARTS, an SPI interface, and two 10-bit ADCs. It also supports Li-ion battery charging, a 4x6 keypad, and an LCD interface. Inputs/outputs are available for a speaker and microphone. An antenna does come attached to the module.
Power supplied to the module should be regulated between 3.3-4.2VDC (3.6V nominal).
You can connect it up to a mating 60-pin, surface mount connector, or you can pair this module with our SM5100B evaluation board. There is no SIM socket on the actual cell module, you might want to consider using our SIM card breakout board.
- Temperature range: -10-55°C (operating), -40-85°C (storage)
- Connection: 60 pins, mating connector sold separately
- Power Supply: VBAT: 3.3V to 4.2V range, 3.6V typical
- Power Consumption:
- Off mode: <100uA
- Sleep mode: <2.0mA
- Idle mode: <7.0mA (average)
- Communication mode: 350 mA (average,GSM)
- Communication mode: 2A (Typical peak during TX slot,GSM)
- Frequency Bands: EGSM900 +GSM850+ DCS1800+PCS1900
- Transmit Power:
- Class 4 (2W) for EGSM900/GSM850
- Class 1 (1W) for DCS1800/PCS1900
- Supported SIM card: 3V/1.8V SIM card. (auto recognize)
- 4x6 keyboard interface available
- UART0 interface with flow control, up to 460kbps
- UART1 interface without flow control, two-wire interface, up to 460kbps
- LCD interface available, over SPI
- 35.0 x 39.0 x 2.9mm
- Weight: <9g