Adafruit Pi Protector for Raspberry Pi Model Zero
We can get 100 units in Australia from Adafruit. If you order today, we can dispatch this stock between Mar 11, 2021 - Mar 14, 2021.
Now that we're carrying the Pi Zero, PaintYourDragon is back with another gorgeous laser-cut masterpiece. This time he's taken a pass at a Pi Protector for Raspberry Pi Zero, not quite a full case, it will keep your Pi Zero safe and svelte.
Keep your Raspberry Pi® Zero computer tidy and safe in this lovely clear acrylic enclosure. We designed this simple protector to be beautiful, easy to assemble and perfect for any use (but especially for those who want to carry their Pi around in their pocket!) This enclosure is only compatible with the Raspberry Pi Zero! It does work with both the Zero v1.2 and v1.3 with Camera Connector.
The case is as minimal as it gets coming in just two pieces of acrylic that secure with four screws. Made of crystal-clear acrylic, this case keeps the Pi Zero secure. You can use all of the connectors on the edges of the Pi: mini HDMI, microSD slot, micro USB power, and microUSB port. There's also a cut out to allow a 2x20-pin header to be soldered onto the Pi Zero.
This product comes with the 2 acrylic pieces and assembly hardware. Raspberry Pi Zero computer is **not** included. No other cables or connectors or accessories are included.
- A good quality 5V power supply - Either a 5V 2A with cable or combine a 5V 1A power supply and a Micro B USB cable - this will allow you to power the Zero from a wall adaper. It is not suggested to power the Zero from a computer USB port as the voltage often sags and can cause SD card corruption!
- 4GB+ SD Card with Operating System - You can grab a ready-to-go Raspbian card that has the correct firmware for the Zero here. Or you can pick up an 8G card with Jessie. Or use a blank 4G SD card and burn in Raspbian Wheezy and update the firmware.
- Mini HDMI to HDMI Adapter - Will let you convert the little port on the Zero to a standard sized HDMI jack. You can get 1080P HDMI video + audio out of this little computer!
- USB OTG Cable - Lets you plug in a normal USB device such as WiFi dongle, USB hub, keyboard, mouse, etc into the Zero.
- USB Console cable - if you're not going to stick an HDMI monitor on there, then this is essential, you connect the wires to the GPIO pins and log in over a serial console. Its the easiest & fastest way to get on your Pi
- 2x20 Male header strip - Solder this in to plug in Pi HATs, GPIO cables, etc as you would into a normal Pi. (We also have a 2x20 Female and 2x20 Female right-angle style for more exotic connecting)