How to Put the Raspberry Pi 3B+ into the Black Case
You can protect your Raspberry Pi with a case designed to house the Raspberry Pi B+, Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi 3B+ and HAT PCBs.
In this guide, you will learn how to insert a microSD card, attach heat sinks and put your Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ into its case. This is for the Black/Transparent Raspberry Pi case.
After completing this guide, your Raspberry Pi will be much more safer from damage.
|Parts Used in This Guide|
Step 1 Peel off the paper
Before placing the Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ into its case, we will put the heat sinks on it first.
- Turn the heat sinks over to the back
- Peel off the back of the heat sinks to reveal the adhesive tape
Step 2 Place the heat sinks on Raspberry Pi
Carefully place the heatsinks with the adhesive sticky sides on the Raspberry Pi as shown. You need to be precise with the placement of the smaller heatsink otherwise it will be hard to clip the case all the way on.
Step 3 The parts of the case
There are three parts to the case.
- A clear top piece
- A middle piece
- A bottom piece
Step 4 The bottom piece
- To assemble the case, first place the Raspberry Pi face up on the bottom piece.
- Slide the Raspberry Pi under the two connection points as shown in the third picture
- It should fit so that the Raspberry Pi does not fall off from the case if you turned it sideways
Step 5 The middle piece
- Place the middle piece atop the Raspberry Pi.
- There are three connection points, where it connects with the bottom piece. Once fully pushed in, they should snap together.
- You should be able to access the microUSB port for power, HDMI port, and audio port from the case as shown.
Step 6 The top piece
- Finally, place the clear acrylic piece on top.
- There are two connection points at the front, and two at the back. These will connect it to the middle piece.
Step 7 Insert microSD card
Now we will place the microSD card into the Raspberry Pi.
- Turn the Raspberry Pi over and you will see the microSD card slot
- Gently slide the microSD card into the slot
- Push the microSD card in