In this guide we're going to learn how to turn on Secure Shell (SSH) on your Raspberry Pi.
SSH enables us to make a secure connection to our Raspberry Pi from the command line on our Mac, PC or Linux computer.
We will use the command line app
raspi-config to enable SSH.
|Parts Used in This Guide|
Step 1 Turn on SSH in raspi-config
sudo raspi-configto turn on SSH on the Raspberry Pi.
Step 2 Open Raspi-Config Program
- Enter the command: sudo raspi-config
Step 3 Go down to Interfacing Options
- Use the arrow keys to navigate down to Interfacing Options
Step 4 Select SSH
- Select SSH by using the down arrow keys.
Step 5 Select Yes
- Select Yes from the prompt.
Step 6 Navigate to <Finish>
- Navigate to by using the Down and Right Arrow Keys