How to Attach Heatsinks to Raspberry Pi
You can protect your Raspberry Pi from overheating with the use of heat sinks.
In this guide, you will learn how to attach heat sinks to your Raspberry Pi. The Raspberry Pi used in this guide is the 3B+, but this will work on other Raspberry Pi boards as well.
After completing this guide, your Raspberry Pi will be much more safer from overheating.
Step 1 Locate the chips
- First, turn the heat sinks over to the back
- Locate the chips on the Raspberry Pi where you will place the heat sinks
Step 2 Remove adhesive tape
- Peel off the back of the heat sinks to reveal the adhesive tape
Step 3 Place heat sinks on Raspberry Pi
- Carefully place the heatsinks with the adhesive sticky sides on the Raspberry Pi as shown.
- You need to be precise with the placement of the smaller heatsink. Otherwise, it will be hard to clip a protective case all the way on if you decide to use one.