How to Put the Raspberry Pi 3B+ into the Official Red and White Case
You can protect your Raspberry Pi with a case designed to house the Raspberry Pi B+, Raspberry Pi 2, Raspberry Pi 3, Raspberry Pi 3B+ and HAT PCBs.
In this guide, you will learn how to insert a microSD card, attach heat sinks and put your Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+ into its case. This is for the Official Red/White Raspberry Pi case.
After completing this guide, your Raspberry Pi will be much more safer from damage.
|Parts Used in This Guide|
Step 1 The parts of the case
There are five parts to the case.
- A top part comes as two pieces. When fully assembled, one of the pieces can be removed for easy access to the GPIO pins.
- A bottom part
- A side part
- Another side part
Step 2 The bottom part
To assemble the case, first place the Raspberry Pi face up on the bottom part.
Step 3 The side part
- Now place the side part that goes on the side of the Pi with the power input, HDMI port and audio jack.
- It should snap on to fit without much pressure.
- The power input, HDMI port and audio jack should be accessible via the holes as shown.
Step 4 Place the other side part
- Place the other side part on the side of the Pi where the GPIO pins are located.
- This is the side part without any holes.
- It should also snap on without much pressure required.
Step 5 Place the top part
- Finally, place the top piece.
- It should snap on without much pressure.
- The top piece comes in two separate parts that can be snapped together. It is easy to access the GPIO pins this way, simply snap off the white top part.
- When done, snap the white top part back on, it should fit the rectangular hole on the red top enclosure.
Step 6 Insert microSD card into Pi
Finally, we will place the microSD card into the Raspberry Pi.
- Turn the Raspberry Pi over and you will see the microSD card slot
- Gently slide the microSD card into the slot
- Push the microSD card in